Thursday, May 27, 2010

Outline

So I bought Syd Fields book the screenwriters workbook and I told my self I would work through all the steps and that was how I would write my screen play. However I have found that It is much easier for to shift the order I do these things in and take out some of the more vague free association writing like exercise one. I think these could be useful for someone who has a brand new idea and hasn't really fleshed it out but I have been thinking about my story for a few months now and have a good concept of where it starts and where it ends.


Anyways

This post is to celebrate me finishing the outline for Act one of my screenplay Compulsive. Its not very interesting to read so I'm not going to post it up here. When I do the character bios I might post those but for the most part this warm up stuff wont be posted. I will post parts of the screenplay but I'm still at least a week or two out from actually writing that.


Thats all I got.
Aaron

P.S. I may start doing videos again I dunno.

1 comment:

  1. Post your outlines.

    It's important for other first time screenwriters to see.

    Don't be afraid of them being "boring" or "dull" or whatever.

    If you're going to catalog your screenwriting, you have to go all out and catalog it.

    It's all part of the process man.

    Don't be afraid of what you write.

    ReplyDelete